Sublocade or the extended-release burprenorphine which is also known as BXR has seen a massive growth indemand for the treatment of opiate use disorder or OUD in recent times. It has being tested positive for Highly Potent Synthetic Opioids or HPSO for all the opioid users.
Adults with moderate or severe OPD are inducted and clinically stabilized of sublingual buprenorphine or naloxone, BUP-ER injections. They are given generally monthly doses. These injections are administered subcutaneously. More cases of success are being reported of this by sublocade treatment doctor. They have reported a high percentage of abstinence in their patients. These reports have been mainly concluded with a combination of percentage urine samples marked negative for opioids and also, negative self-reports for illicit opioid use at the end of a certain period oftime.
Sublocade cost is very cheap, enabling almost everyone to be able to use it. Moreover they are easy to use.
The sublocade doctors near me are all qualified per the Drug Addiction Treatment Act of 2000 or DATA 2000 and the Comprehensive Addiction and Recovery Act of 2016 or CARA to treat opioid dependence among the patients.
Most Important Information About Sublocade
There have been many reported cases of the serious damage in patients due to the improper administration of sublocade near me. The risk of possible harm or death from self-injecting sublocade into a vein or intravenously has led the health standard organisations to implant a restricted program on sublocade usage.
The Restrictions Are As Follows
- Sublocade price is cheap. However it is unavailable in retail pharmacies. Thus one cannot just walk into a retail pharmacy and ask for a sublocade dose.
- The sublocade injections must be only accessed and administered by a properly experienced as well as certified health care provider.
- During a medical emergency the patient or the family of the patient who is already being treated with sublocade should inform the emergency medical staff that they are physically dependent on opioid.
- Buprenorphine, the medicine which is in sublocade, might cause life-threatening and serious health risks. This might happen especially if one is taking or using certain other drugs or medicines.
The Multiplehealth Hazards
One shouldimmediately call the healthcare provider or get emergency help if any of these discomforts occur:
- If one feelsany kind of faintness ordizziness
- If they are having slower breathing than they usually have
- Feel severely drowsy
- Complain of having high body temperature
- If they develop problems with body coordination
- If their speech gets affected like it becomes slurry
- In case they complain of having any mental changes like confusion or disconnection to the reality
- If they are unable to think well or with clarity
- If they feel any kind of agitation
- Complain of having high body temperature
- If their musclesstiffen
- Incase they have trouble in walking
- If they report about slowed reflexes
All of these can be signs of an overdose. They can be also an indication ofother serious problem and thus should not be overlooked at any given point of time.
If overlooked, death or other consequential damages could happen including life threatening breathing problems. The following list tells us of the medicines that might cause these kinds of hazards.
- Anxiety medicines or benzodiazepines
- Sleeping pills
- Muscle relaxants
- Or they have consumed alcohol during treatment with sublocade.
One must inform thehealthcare providers prior hand if they are taking any of these medicines and they drink alcohol.
It shall be kept in mind that sublocate is a controlled substance orCIII since it contains buprenorphine.
Buprenorphine can be a target for those people who abuse street drugs or prescription medicines.
There have been reported cases of death in those who are not opioid dependent and have who received buprenorphine sublingually.
Another important information one must keep in mind is that one must not use sublocade if they are allergic to buprenorphine or any kind of ingredients in the prefilled syringe like the Atrigel Delivery System. It is a biocompatible solventN-methyl-2-pyrrolidone or widely known as NMP and biodegradable poly (DL-lactide-co-glycolide) polymer.