Nursing has been considered the most underappreciated profession. From long shifts to endless charting, nurses are always on their feet. As noble as the profession of doctors is, hospitals cannot survive without a dedicated nursing staff. With low incomes, nurses are expected to do a lot during their shifts. The sad reality of our society is that this profession is not given its due respect. People will always treat nurses as inferior compared to doctors. Nurses have to deal with snobbish doctors, demanding patients and rude patients’ attendants/families. Also, they have to deal with a mountain load of work like tracking all important vitals, filing test reports and administering medicines at the right time, which pretty much takes hours and hours. On top of that, some hospitals are low staffed, which adds up to the misery of the nurses. The outbreak of Coronavirus at the end of 2019 opened the eyes of society to how little attention was given to the health industry. Nurses are the backbone of this industry, and this profession has suffered a great deal since the beginning of this pandemic. By risking their physical and mental health, and personal and social life, they slaved through their job. They sacrificed their meals and slept to stay close to their patients in case of any emergency. Some wouldn’t even take bathroom breaks. Under immense burden, many nurses saw how their training was lacking somehow. In such difficult times, they were required to rise up and take charge, showing excellent administrative skills. Many universities offer affordable nursing degrees online to help them develop expertise in critical management areas such as informatics, financial management and legal issues in healthcare. In addition, it allowed many nurses to manage their shifts and pursue this degree with ease. According to estimates from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, while many nurses rose up to the challenge, the U.S. healthcare sector has lost nearly half a million workers since February 2020. 18 percent of healthcare staff have quit since the start of the pandemic, while 12 percent have been fired. Thirty-one percent of the remaining workers have thought of quitting. These stats just show how stressful it is for healthcare workers, more importantly, nurses, in current times. To be able to manage this immense workload, nurses have to be physically and mentally fit. As mentioned above, nurses are the backbone of hospitals; for this backbone to be strong, nurses should focus greatly on their diets and food intake. A healthy, balanced food intake can do wonders. And especially taking quick snacks during busy shifts can help you feel energized. We have listed some food items in this article that are packed up with all the nutrients and energy needed to keep you going.
Smart Blood Sugar is a diabetes book that includes many methods to regulate blood sugar, and some foods for diabetes like the 99 foods for diabetes and carb count cheat sheet. The Smart Blood Sugar was written by Dr. Marlene Merritt who has been working on this project for 30 years with her training, practice, and research. This program provides natural ways to manage your blood sugar, such as with the 60-second trick. This trick can be used when indulging yourself in sweets or sugary snacks, without worrying about your high blood sugar level increasing again at all! Smart Blood Sugar is an all-inclusive program which will provide science behind essential information, related to health solutions so you’ll never run into any confusing statements again!. www.smartbloodsugar.com
Many UK residents think rehab clinics are reserved for Americans – and it’s not true! Rehab come from an extensive line of ancestors who would rather brush things under the carpet than risk the scandal of mental illness or diseases like addiction – and it is a disease, there are studies that prove it. The point is that you shouldn’t be ashamed to ask for rehab help in the UK, should you need it. Go to your doctor and explain the situation or, better yet, find a rehab selection service you can trust to help you choose the best option for you. Whether you need a Drug & Alcohol Rehab in Southampton or whether you want to attend a rehab clinic in London to help you recover from an eating disorder; that’s the best way to get help. Let’s talk about what rehab is like, here in the colder climates, to see if we can’t eliminate some of the uncertainty you may be feeling about signing in.
What’s UK Rehab for Addiction Like?Rehab comes in three separate stages, regardless of where in the world you take it. If you attend a rehab clinic, the first thing they will do is put you through a detox period if you need it. Not all addictions need a detox period, but any substance abuse related illnesses will. Once you have completed this first stage, you will move on to the rehab process, which we will talk about in more clarity momentarily. Lastly, your transition back to the regular outside world is eased by aftercare and secondary treatment programs.
What Happens During Detox?During the detox process, you will become chemically free of alcohol or drugs. This takes a few days for your body to adapt to. Once you are chemically clean of the drug, your body must get used to operating without it again. This takes days or weeks, but you will come through it. Detox is dangerous on certain drugs, so be sure to seek medical help.
What Happens During Rehab?When you move on to the rehab portion of your stay in a clinic, you will go through therapy sessions with a trained expert, and group sessions where you can share peer experience and support. Rehab incudes a set meal plan and exercise regime. It includes educational workshops aimed at helping you find work, run a house, or otherwise maintain real world responsibilities without relapsing.
What Happens During Secondary Treatment?Secondary treatment allows you to reach out to the rehab clinic even after you are away home. This might mean telephone support or continuing to see your group for sessions. You may have access to online resources or receive updates on free workshops you can attend after you are through rehab. Remember: recovery is an ongoing process that takes work. Stick it out and you’ll one day be free of addiction. https://healthblog.uofmhealth.org/brain-health/science-says-addiction-a-chronic-disease-not-a-moral-failing
Elderly patients are at a stage of their life that makes them vulnerable in various ways. For example, they may develop hearing loss, dementia, and vision impairment. They may also seem less optimistic about their lives; therefore, care providers need to be extra careful with them. While working with elderly patients, you cannot make assumptions about their abilities. Instead, it is crucial to understand them if you want to help in the best possible manner. The circumstances and conditions surrounding a patient’s health can vary considerably, and thus, so will their treatments. Due to all these issues, elderly patients need care providers, including nurses, to communicate and effectively convey their message and understand them. This is why hospitals prefer to deploy experienced nurses for elderly care. Nurses are generally eligible to offer their services after earning an associate degree. However, working with adult patients requires a particular set of skills and expertise with the right education mix. Therefore, there is a seemingly greater inclination of the current cadre of nurses towards many different MSN and DNP programs, including masters in Nursing Education. These programs teach about the nuances of patient interactions, including those involving elderly patients. This way, nurses prepare themselves for complex issues such as working with older patients. Nevertheless, it is always better to get all the information before deciding about an educational program. For instance, if you are thinking about pursuing a degree in nursing education, get yourself familiarized with some FAQs about MSN in Nursing Education to be sure of your choice. On the contrary, if you are already working with elderly patients, here are some tips to help make your job much easier.
1. Make them ComfortableOnce elderly patients enter the hospital, you have to take care of their comfort. You must guide them to proper seats and make them sit comfortably. Be aware that you may need to escort them from one room to another; therefore, check up on them once in a while to see if they need any help in case they have to wait long during their tests and scans.
2. Be particular About Your Body LanguageElderly patients have physical ailments, but they are often very particular about paying attention to them when they speak. Therefore, a nurse must be careful about their body language. If you are not directly facing them, it makes them uncomfortable. They might assume that you are not attentive to what they say. On the contrary, when you sit alert and show that your focus is on them, you can send a message of care and empathy. Make sure to maintain eye contact with them when you talk; this will keep their attention locked to you.
3. Be Patient With ThemWe all know that cognition and a sense of understanding can fade with time. So, when talking to the elderly, you might need to repeat your message a couple of times before they understand you. They may also have hearing difficulty or obstructive communication skills; hence they may take more time to conclude a conversation than you might like. Always exercise patience and give the time they need to comprehend your message. Moreover, caregivers might need to display extra restraint when conveying an alarming message or bad news, making them restless.
4. Take the Help of Family MembersA nurse must involve the input of family members when making any treatment-related decision for elderly patients. There are many perks of involving family members, like helping to communicate effectively with the patients. Family members spend more time with the patient, so they know the best way to calm them or make confused and disconcerted patients understand your point.
5. Be Respectful Towards ThemCaregivers must be respectful towards all their patients, but with the elderly, it becomes even more important. The best way to be respectful towards them is to pay attention to their words and be more considerate about their opinions. A nurse must understand that an elderly patient might have a different concept about contemporary treatments or not understand new ways and medications. It is essential to understand the knowledge gap but at the same time acknowledge their experience. This understanding and respect can boost mutual trust and reduce the generational gap.
6. Listen to Them CarefullyYou might have experienced your elders getting irritated when you don’t listen to them. Imagine their exasperation when they are in a hospital already bothered by their health. Therefore, it is very important to listen to them carefully, simultaneously considering their limited understanding. You need to deliberate that both parties face communication difficulties. Therefore, your affirmative nod or alert body language may convey more attentiveness than your words. Whenever they tell you something, make an effort not to interrupt, even if they initially make no sense to you. You have to make them feel valued to develop their trust. If patients find you making fun of them or not paying attention to their concerns, they might recoil back into their worries and feel stressed.
7. Show Your SincerityElderly patients coming into a care facility often have a lot of uncertainties and worries about their health. Care providers must calm their nerves with their sincere attitude. Ask the right questions, signaling your earnest concern about their health. You must start your conversation casually, ask their name and create a sense of familiarity before going into the details of their ailment. Your friendly tone sets the groundwork for the patient to participate in their treatment willingly. They are generally apprehensive and withdrawn, but they may develop a positive impression about you and the whole organization with your sincere and lively attitude.
ConclusionWorking with elderly patients can be quite tricky. They need more attention and often have physical and mental inabilities. To make them comfortable, you need to display a sincere attitude showing that you care about their problem and want to help them deal with it. People become more withdrawn and aloof with age, as with elderly patients. If they sense your inattentive behavior, they may try to avoid you. However, you can help them with the proper training, skills, and experience.
Alcohol decontamination (detox) is based on the natural procedure by which the body tries to relieve the objective of waste product lines and toxins caused by massive, long-term moderate drinking. In a health – care setting, hard liquor detox is generally followed by pills, medicine reflection, and counseling. Individuals who have also been drinking alcohol for an extended duration are more prone to having complications all through detox, which also can be threatening. Find an alcohol detox near me that can contribute to compassion and physiological functions that present a false energy balance. Disrupt normal this happy medium and preserving the viewer to a healthy place is a critical as well as tender procedure.
Detoxification ProcedureRehab from alcohol is the first step in a longer rehab facility. Treatment can be done safely in both admission and discharge settings, but for frequent smokers, round-the-clock health care supervision is strongly suggested. In most circumstances, the detox method is as follows:
- To fully comprehend each circumstance, the care professional will conduct a thorough review of impending patients’ stimulant, health-related, and psychosomatic histories.
- To alleviate physical symptoms, many detox programs usually involve treatments that closely resemble the effects of drugs. Treatments may also be used to treat co-occurring disabilities or to alleviate general uncomfortable feelings.
- The customer is subjected to medical and mental health therapeutic interventions to achieve a state of mind-body stability.
Alcohol Detox Side EffectsAlthough physician-supervised detox reduces some of the participant’s adverse side effects, others are inescapable. Various side repercussions will emerge even during the two stages of hard liquor detox.
Step 1: During Acute DetoxIt begins within working days like an intoxicated ceasing excessive drinking and lasts for extended periods. This is usually through the most adverse effects occur, such as:
- Hallucinations, both multiple sensory
- Tremor throughout the body
- Excessive sweating
- High blood pressure
- Failure of the heart
Step 2: During the Sobriety PeriodThe 2nd and prolonged phase of hard liquor detox takes days to complete as the central nervous system gradually commences to restrict and return to normal operating. This is known as Post-Acute Departure Manifestations, and it would include ailments like:
- Appetite reduction
- Shifts in mood
Alcohol Detox MedicationMaintaining the patient’s scheme in proportion and preventing important physiological disappointments are all aspects of the course of the treatment. Treatment may be required at times to accomplish this. Psychedelics, such as Amending, Valium, and Hypnotics, are most often used for drug rehabilitation because they alleviate side effects and eliminate seizures. Symptoms are one of the most main causes of death in relapse, so anti-convulsant treatments such as Potassium bromide are frequently used in addition. To know more, please visit rehabclinic.org.uk. While prescription drugs are efficacious in curing or attempting to prevent definite signs of alcohol intoxication, it is critical that a former addict only use the substances in the quantities prescribed by a doctor. Prescription drugs are psychoactive in and of themselves, and their use must be watched closely.
Life After Alcohol DetoxificationThe cleanser is only the first step in the treatment process for people attempting to counteract their alcohol dependence. Eliminating hard liquor from the bloodstream does not cure addictions; rather, it stimulates the brain and restores the abdomen so that individuals struggling with alcohol dependency can pursue proper experience. Consult a rehabilitation professional guide to learn more about hard liquor addiction treatment and the healing process.
As an orthopedic professional, your main aim is to give the best care to your patients and to grow your practice. However, it can be hard to focus on everything with the amount of responsibility on your shoulders. For instance, promoting your business is a project that requires time and money. Therefore, it can be nearly impossible to deal with your patient and market your business at the same time. It is crucial to hire an in-house professional to create and develop a website to expand your reach as your business grows. The following are the reasons why you should hire experts to design and develop your orthopedic website.
They Develop Proper Marketing StrategiesThe greatest thing about having a well-designed website is that it acts as an effective marketing tool. The competition in the healthcare sector is stiff, and you need to know how to outshine your competitors. You ought to look for ways to let your customers know about you amidst the competition. If you don’t know anything about SEO for orthopedics, the professionals will help you understand it and apply it to your website. The good thing about these specialists is that they understand your clinic’s short-term and long-term goals. Therefore, they create a package that will be beneficial to these goals. You don’t have to worry about how you will maintain the website. They have the services available to ensure they make all the necessary changes and optimize the website frequently.
They Will Create a Unique and Professional WebsiteHaving a professional and unique website is crucial for your business. The website needs to be inviting and easy to navigate. Remember, the site is a gateway to your business. It tells the users more about your business even before they visit you. Therefore, as an orthopedic surgeon, it is crucial to work with expert web designers to create a professional, unique, high speed, and trustworthy website. The website will be designed in a perfect way to tell prospective patients great things about you.
A Dedicated Website for your PracticeYou require a website that will be empowering and a platform where the users can feel confident. This is not a place to advertise your prices and such. You want the website to be a place where you can tell your potential patients what you do and what you have for them. The experts will showcase your reviews and ranking on Google and other search engines. They also work with other digital advertising companies to help your website become the best and give your patients the best experience.
A Reliable and Secure WebsiteThere are different features that make your website the best. Such comprise reliability and security. You must ensure your website complies with all the policies enacted by different healthcare authorities. Your website must be secure and reliable. The best way to achieve such a website is by hiring experts to design and grow it.
ConclusionThese are crucial reasons why you need experts for web design and development. Even with your busy schedule, you can have a well-functioning website with the help of experts.
With So Many Rehab Clinics Operating In England And Wales, How Do You Pick A Good One And Give Yourself The Best Chance Of Recovery Success?Rehab clinics have long since suffered the worst kind of stigma. People assume that they are places reserved for the worst of society, for the addicts we should treat as modern day lepers. This is wrong and so far from the truth that it deserves to be addressed repeatedly until opinions start to change.
Judgement and Stigma Make Rehab DifficultIt is this stigma that makes decided to go to rehab so difficult. We don’t know how to tell people that’s where we are. We’d rather lie and say we were in France on holiday for a month or impress our friends by saying we are staying with a distant relative. We will go to great lengths to deny that our destination is the rehab clinic down the road. It is this stigma that makes many people travel to live on-site at a rehab clinic far from home. Judgement and stigma affect our choice in rehab clinic and this isn’t always a good thing. Choosing the rehab clinic that takes you away from your problems is a great idea, but your problems will still be there when you come home. Instead, match your rehab clinic choice with the things you enjoy doing most. For example, if you want a high end experience on an affordable budget, try somewhere like Verve Health. Alternatively, if you want a rehab clinic that uses art therapy and creative work as an outlet, then search for that, instead. There are hundreds of options in the UK for rehab clinics that care.
How to Pick the Right Rehab Clinic for you?How do you narrow down all those choices? Here are some expert tips that will help you make a wise decision.
1 – Choose Rehab Based on Hobbies and InterestsChoosing a rehab clinic which covers your hobbies and interests will give you the most chance at taking your mind off drink or drugs during your recovery. If you are doing something you love, the time will pass quickly and you’ll soon forget the cravings. It might be that you want a clinic that focuses on animals, which uses sports and competition, or that encourages you to recover using key therapy tools.
2 – Ask the Right QuestionsDon’t be afraid to ask questions of the rehab clinic before you attend it. Find out how many sessions of group and one-on-one therapy they will give you. Ask about meal plans and schedules for exercise. Find out how many staff they have and if there are emergency services available should you need them. Ask away and don’t be shy.
3 – The Free ConsultationMany rehab clinics offer a free consultation that allows you to ask all your questions without any commitment to go to their centre. Make use of these free consultations to find out what your options are and make the best choice. It could be as easy as a phone call but you may want to visit any potential residential rehab clinic before you agree to move in for a few weeks.
How Long to Stay in Rehab?The typical stint in rehab is a 28 day period. You can stay if you must or check in for as little as a few days at a time.
Vapemeet offers you vaping devices with the highest level of performance, reliability, and trust. You should also take advantage of our cheap prices that can do no other than ensure your satisfaction. The vape industry is booming in 2018. More people are no longer smoking and turning to vaping as a way to reduce their health risks and pass smoke-free life. More vapers are looking for the best more value when they decide on what chemical they want. Buying new vaping devices might be expensive but shopping it from vape store online can save you money. Vaping, while you may think it is still something only the new generation enjoys, is slowly becoming a common, socially accepted practice and choice just like tobacco smoking. On top of that, it’s also fairly easy to purchase a starter kit online without having to worry about coming across shady vapes provided by incorrect suppliers. A great website for finding vaping starter kits or a specific vaping device is the Vaper Buys store. They offer an impressive line-up of vaping products for all types of buyers
What are the Benefits of Vaping?With the benefits of vaping being quite limited, many people may not think it is worth it to spend the time and money. This is a misconception because vaping has a number of tangible benefits that outweigh the downsides. Vaporizers are cost-effective; they also give you the freedom to vape wherever and when you want. More importantly, vaporizers kill exposure to any form of tobacco or nicotine products that cigarettes provide. The main benefit of vaping is that it’s a cost-effective way to enjoy the flavor and nicotine with no additives. Your lungs also stay free from irritation, meaning that there is little to no lingering smell when vaping. Unlike other supplements, vaping contributes to general health instead of harming it. A vaporizer is a personal device that heats up the material you inhale to produce a vapor. Vaporizers for e-cigs have surged in popularity due to their benefits over smoking, such as the option to use more of your favorite vape juice with little to no worry about diluting your flavor as tobacco smoke does. The most important benefit of vaping, however, is cost-effectiveness. A single inhalation will take up to ninety seconds with an average cost per minute of $10 while smoking can cost anywhere from $1-1000 per cigarette.
How to Choose A VaporizerThe Best Online Vape Shop recommends vaporizing e-Liquids outside of their tubes, which helps keep their costs down. Most recently vapers advise a quality start-up kit like the SMOK Stick Pusher Starter Kit from Smoke More For Less. These kits have EVOD vaping wires compatible with both a standard 510 battery and a center pin battery. When it comes to vaporizers, you need to make sure that it’s going to work for your specific needs. There are a lot of choices when it comes to the materials that the body heats up and works with. Some materials are safe for use without overheating, but other materials do best under certain conditions. The most vital decision you need to make is which type of unit will help you quit smoking the fastest. It’s important for individuals to know the different types of vaporizers out there. Some work on batteries, some work using an electrical outlet, and some don’t function without an adapter. It’s important to also choose a vaporizer with matched ratios. This means that if a person usually vapes with a low ratio, they should get something like that as well and vice-versa. There are many brands of vaporizers but this brand is top-rated because they provide high-quality products at low prices.
Vape Review CriteriaVaping devices fall into two categories in order to determine which of the devices is the best. One of these categories is vaporizers that blow vapors onto a user’s lungs, while the other category consists of vaporizers that are designed to vaporize e-liquid. In this blog post, we’ll share our methods for selecting an online vape shop that offers vaporizers that are cost-effective and have outstanding reviews to back them up. Similar to other reviews, the number of vaporizers that a store has online is important. They must be able to supply vaporizers. Finally, they’ll need to include a large variety of flavors in order for people not to get bored easily. After all, everyone has their own preferences and tastes when it comes to vaping and there’s no sense on your site looking like everything is the same.
Best Online Vape Shop ReviewsA great number of people deal with health issues associated with smoking. Nicotine is poison with extensive negative effects which are difficult to reverse once an individual starts doubling up on cigarettes. However, more people are now turning to vape addiction as a healthy way to quit smoking. Vaporizers are devices that vaporize and smoke-free e-juice or herbs for the lungs and respiratory system. They could be used for therapeutic purposes but not everyone has the time or knowledge about how to properly care for them like this. There are vaporizers that can be bought online and are reasonably priced if you know the right e-shop. With the invention of vape pens, electronic cigarettes came changes. Here at thebestvapeblog.com is an online vape review blog that reviews these new vapes and shows you some of the best on the internet. At first Pen, Vaping seems to be too complicated but once you find the right supply to suit your specific needs it is not as difficult as they think.
Best Online Vape Stores on a BudgetA vaporizer is one of the most cost-effective vaping devices that you can purchase. You might be wondering how they cost less, but it is not too difficult to find an excellent vape shop. All you need to do is visit an online vape store, which offers a large number of different vape products at a very reasonable price. Inexpensive, cheap, and economical, online vape stores like Vapemeet offer users the best deals online. They often include some of the most secure payment options so that you can make your purchase easier than ever with your budget in mind. Overall, online vape shops provide customers with a variety of vaporizers for prices ranging anywhere from $50 to as much as $400 or more.
The elderly are highly susceptible to the temperature changes that come with the changing seasons, making winter a very difficult time of year. Changes in the body as a result of aging can make it harder for you to be aware of getting cold. When you get too cold and your body temperature drops significantly, hypothermia sets in. A temperature under 95 degrees can cause many health problems, such as a heart attack, kidney problems, liver damage, and more. Being outside in the cold, or even being in a very cold house, can lead to hypothermia. Try to stay away from cold places and pay attention to how cold it is where you are. Sometimes it’s not as easy to avoid significant decreases in temperature because some illnesses make it harder for your body to stay warm.
- Improper thyroid function can impact temperature regulation. The thyroid produces hormones that influence how much the blood vessels dilate, which affects how much heat can escape the body. An overactive thyroid can increase the body’s temperature, but an underactive thyroid will keep the body’s temperature lower.
- Diabetics can have more significant issues with blood flow which is necessary to maintaining warmth, and those affected by diabetic neuropathy may be more severely impacted during colder weather.
- Parkinson’s disease and arthritis make it physically difficult to put on more clothes, layer blankets, and get out of the cold.
- Alzheimer’s disease, dementia, and other forms of memory loss can cause people to not recognize the cold as a danger and go outside without the correct clothing for the weather.
- Certain medications, particularly OTC cold medications, also can affect body temperature.
Silver has been used by many cultures throughout history for its antimicrobial properties and will likely become a more frequently used veterinary treatment option shortly because of the increase in antibiotic-resistant bacteria. As a result, colloidal silver has been used on dogs for many years. Colloidal silver for dogs can be used as a treatment option for dogs with conditions ranging from skin rashes to infections, particularly those caused by antibiotic-resistant bacteria. If you are a pet dog owner or a veterinarian and want to know the efficacy and safety of colloidal silver treatment, here are some answers:
What is Colloidal Silver?Silver has been used as an antimicrobial agent since the late 1800s. But its usage was discontinued when the pharmaceuticals industry synthesized antibiotics in the 1950s. Colloidal silver is simply a tiny particle of silver suspended in water made into a saline solution for use on or in the body.
How Does Colloidal Silver Work?Colloidal silver is active in low concentrations and works in a variety of ways:
- It interferes with the bacteria’s metabolism and uses atmospheric oxygen.
- It damages the cell walls of certain types of organisms, such as viruses, which allows them to be destroyed by innate immune system cells.
- It can bind to specific enzymes and proteins in the cell, disrupting their function.
What Conditions in Dogs Can Colloidal Silver Treat?Colloidal silver for dogs can be used as a treatment for dogs with a wide range of conditions, such as:
- Skin rashes – those caused by bacteria, viruses, or yeast.
- Ear Infections – those caused by bacteria, yeast, or fungi.
- Respiratory Infections – lung infections are often difficult to treat in dogs because the lining of the respiratory system makes it hard for medications to reach the site of infection. You can administer colloidal silver orally or nasally to help fight these infections. It has also been effective in treating kennel cough.
- Urinary tract Infections – It is caused by bacteria and can be challenging to treat in dogs. Colloidal silver is effective against most urinary tract infection-causing bacteria.
- Gastrointestinal Infections – It can be caused by various organisms, such as bacteria, yeast, or parasites. Colloidal silver is effective against all of these organisms.
- Infected wounds – the antimicrobial properties of colloidal silver make it practical for preventing or fighting infections in wounds.
How to Use Colloidal Silver for Treatments?There are several medically effective ways to administer colloidal silver to dogs depending on the treated condition. The most common methods are:
- Oral – This is the most common way to give colloidal silver to dogs and can be done by adding it to their food or water. It can also be given as a pill or capsule.
- Topical – You can do this by applying it to an open wound, spraying it on a skin infection, or bathing the dog in a colloidal silver solution.
- Nasal – You can do this by adding colloidal silver to a nasal rinse or spraying it directly up the nose.
- Injection – Colloidal silver can be given by injection if the preferred method above is unavailable.
PrecautionsSometimes, dogs will have an adverse reaction to colloidal silver. So it is vital to know about the treatment, how it works, and its usage. It is important not to:
- Administer intravenously (into the veins).
- Administer in large doses to the pet over a short period.
- Administer too frequently (no more than once or twice a day).
- Coat on pills, as it can be chewed off or crushed to mix with food or water before giving the pill.
- Clean the site of infection. Then apply colloidal silver and bandage if desired.