Erectile dysfunction, also called ED/impotence, is a medical condition that indicates a man’s inability to get and maintain erections on demand. Men usually have erection problems occasionally, and that doesn’t always mean they have impotence. If you are not able to consistently achieve an erection for sex, you should talk to your doctor and determine if it’s due to erectile dysfunction or any other health condition.
Several treatment options are available for erectile dysfunction, but you are advised not to initiate any without informing your doctor.
Erectile dysfunction generally causes the following symptoms:
- Trouble getting an erection
- Trouble keeping an erection for intercourse
- Reduced sexual desire
If you experience these symptoms, you’re likely to have ED and should consult your doctor right away.
How Is Erectile Dysfunction Caused?
ED can be caused due to various physical health problems, emotional problems, or both. Following are some of the common risk factors for erectile dysfunction:
- Being over the age of 50
- Having high blood pressure (hypertension)
- Having high blood sugar (Diabetes)
- Having high cholesterol
- Having cardiovascular disease
- Being obese
- Excessive alcohol intake
- Using recreational drugs
- Physical inactivity
Although erectile dysfunction becomes more prevalent with growing age, it is not necessarily an integral component of aging. In fact, some men remain sexually active till their 80’s. Erectile dysfunction can sometimes result as an initial symptom of some more serious illnesses like diabetes or heart disease, and thus identifying and treating the underlying cause of your condition is a critical step.
Erectile dysfunction happens when:
- Your penis can’t trap blood during an erection
- There’s inadequate blood flowing to the penis
- Brain signals from the brain or the spinal cord fail to reach the penis
- Damage to the blood vessels or nerves of your penis, specifically due to diabetes
- Medications used in the treatment of other medical conditions can adversely impact your erectile function
- Cancer treatments performed around the penis can impact your penis functionality
Normal sex demands the normal functioning of your mind and body. Psychological conditions can cause or aggravate your erectile dysfunction.
Some psychological issues that may be responsible for your ED include:
- Stress at work or home
- Worrying about sexual performance
- Relationship disputes
- Stress from cultural, religious, or social conflicts
How Is Erectile Dysfunction Diagnosed?
The diagnosis of erectile dysfunction starts with your doctor asking about your symptoms and complete medical history. He can also take your physical examination to check the appearance of your penis as a bent penis indicates Peyronies disease, which is a significant cause of ED. He may also check if you have excessive facial hair or enlarged breasts to know if any hormonal imbalance is responsible for your erection problems. The low levels of the male hormone called testosterone often lead to erectile dysfunction.
What Foods Reduce The Risk Of ED?
There are various foods that can help reduce your risk of erectile dysfunction. Include them in your diet and keep erectile dysfunction at bay.
Read also: One Of The Most Common Food Allergies
- Berries: Consuming berries is one of the best ways to feed your craving and burn off excess fat easily. The vitamins found in berries are known to increase sperm count. You can have them for breakfast or mid-morning snack by incorporating berries in plain, low-fat yogurt.
- Citrus fruits: Citrus fruits, particularly grapes, are a rich source of fiber and can aid in weight loss. Obesity is a major risk factor and so including grapefruits in your diet can be beneficial in reducing the risk of ED.
- Green tea: Green tea is a wonderous drink that boosts your metabolism rate and eradicates any free radicals that damage your blood vessels. This improves blood flow all through your body, including the penis.
- Red wine: Red wine is good for your cholesterol, but did you know it’s good for your erections too? Red wine contains nitric oxide, which helps dilate your blood vessels and improves blood flow in your genitals. The compound quercetin found in red wine helps block the enzyme that provokes your body to push away testosterone. The high levels of testosterone in your body will help you get and maintain firm erections for sex.
- Dark chocolate: Now, you’ve got one more reason to enjoy your favorite dark chocolates. Dark chocolates increase dopamine levels in your brain. Dopamine hormone is responsible for getting you in a good mood. When you are in a good mood, naturally, you will better enjoy intercourse.
What’s The Best Medical Treatment For ED?
Oral medications are known to be the best medical treatment for erectile dysfunction. There are several oral medications available, including Fildena 100, Cenforce, Kamagra oral jelly, Vidalista, etc. Fildena 100 works well for most people and causes the least side effects of all. You can take Fildena 100 if your doctor prescribes it for you.
Fildena 100 Mg
is an FDA-approved medication that’s available in various pharmacies around the world. Make sure you buy the medication only from a reliable pharmacy to ensure you are only using genuine products.
What Is Fildena 100? How Effective Is It For ED?
Fildena 100 is the most effective ED medication which is used to treat erectile dysfunction in men. It is available in different strengths and substitutes; make sure to take the dosage recommended by your healthcare provider.
Fildena 100 contains 100 mg sildenafil citrate. It is a PDE-5 inhibitor that works by stopping the action of the PDE-5 enzyme in your body and improving blood flow throughout the body. Fildena 100 will help you get and maintain erections when you’re sexually aroused.
Fildena 100 is an oral medication, which means you need to take the medication through the mouth. Avoid breaking or crushing the pill; you need to consume it as a whole with a glass of water. The effect of Fildena 100 starts within 30 minutes and lasts for 4 – 6 hours.
If you get any side effects after using Fildena 100, consult your doctor immediately. The most common side effects of the medication include dizziness, flushing, headache, nausea, vomiting, sensitivity to light, changes in vision, etc.
Erectile dysfunction is often treatable, and so you should not hesitate to talk over your concerns with your doctor. Based on the underlying cause, your healthcare provider will recommend the most appropriate treatment for you. You can also buy Generic Medicines in USA