In the last few years, the popularity of dab rigs has gone up due to concentrates hitting the market. A dab rig is a water pipe instrument that is made to be used for cannabis oil or wax concentrates through a process known as “dabbing” – concentrates are “dabbed” onto the heated dab nail.
Dab rig can be found in every stoner’s collection, some marijuana enthusiasts use professionally distributed products, while others, want to make their own stuff with their own hands in their home comforts. And if you’re someone who’s interested in the process of dabbing itself or wondering how to make a homemade dab rig, here’s a rundown on how to completely save some bucks and do your own dab rig creation.
Before you proceed making homemade dab rig, knowing the parts is important and there are series of essentials when using a dab rig are important things you need not to look past. Here are some necessary pieces you need so you can start the session:
- Bong or Water Pipe – the standard one. It allows the vapor to travel through the chamber as it cools down and adds cool vapor cleansing before it arrives in your lungs. Make sure it has the right size of the entire rig.
- Nail or Banger – located at the end part and it has the role of vaporizing your concentrate and needs to contact with the heat.
- Dabbing Tool – It’s where you load and control your concentrate and it gets close to heat banger once you fill it with concentrate.
- Torch or Torch Butane – your heat supply. A torch can be handy due to its small size. It will let you dab wherever you go.
- Timer – It is necessary so you can check the time while the banger cools down.
Mason Jar Dab Rig
Things you’ll need: Mason jar with lid, Torch, Titanium nail, Pen, Aluminium foil
- Drill two holes on its cover and align it to be across each other.
- Roll the aluminum foil around the pen which will be the down stem, then insert it in one of the holes that you made.
- Insert the titanium nail down the stem covered with foil. You can also wrap the area where the nail and lid meet with foil. It’s where you may put silicone or glue.
- Place a bendy straw in the other hole. It serves as the water pipe or bong. Wrap it with a foil to make it airtight.
- When everything’s set and connected properly, fill the jar with water and your favorite concentrate. Then you put the heat on so you can get going.
Nice Pumpkin Dab Rig
You’ll need: A small pumpkin with a stem, Borosilicate glass down the stem (preferably with a short stem), Banger, Large metal spoon, Serrated knife, Dabber, Carb cap, Butane torch, Some concentrate
- Prepare the pumpkin by cutting a ring around the stem of the pumpkin using a serrated knife and come up with a round cap. After separating the cap from the body, scoop the seeds and guts with a spoon. Make sure the inside area is clean so you can have the smoothest hit.
- Make two rounded cuts, which are located on the opposite side with the help of the same knife. The hole for down stem should be high enough to keep up with the glass’s length. If it’s too low, there will be no enough room for down stem and it hinders percolation. Once the hole is done, insert the down stem into the pumpkin for the precise fit and add a glass piece in it.
- Hollow pumpkin, mouthpiece, and down stem at this point and pour some water that is about half a cup and put the cap back. Test to see if it properly percolates and if the chug’s steady, you can start enjoying your concentrate.