Do you find yourself forgetting familiar things? Do you find yourself entering a room, then forget why? If this sounds like something you have experienced, perhaps it’s time to consider supplements to help your memory. But what are the best supplements for memory loss
First, let’s discuss some of the common causes of memory loss.
- Excessive use of alcohol, tobacco, and drugs
- Lack of sleep
- Medicinal side effects
Second, there are some things you can do to slow down memory loss
- Make sure you incorporate some physical activity into your daily routine. Physical activity increases the blood flow to the entire body, including the brain.
- Keep mentally active. Physical activity helps the body stay in shape; mentally stimulating activities keep your brain in shape.
- Social interaction will ward off stress and depression, both contributors to memory loss. This is especially important for those who live alone.
- Become more organized if your home is cluttered and in disarray. Use a notebook to jot down appointments, tasks, or other events.
- Make sure you get seven to nine hours of sleep within 24 hours.
- A healthy diet is as good for your brain as for your heart. Choose whole grains, vegetables, and fruits. Low-fat protein sources, such as fish, beans, and poultry, are preferred. Remember that too much alcohol can lead to memory loss, as can drug use.
- Follow your physician’s instructions for any chronic condition you may suffer from, such as diabetes, depression, high blood pressure, etc. Certain medications can affect memory, so communicate with your doctor if you feel your memory is being affected.
But what if you still have memory issues when you have tried all of the above?
is a concern to all of us as we age. You may think you will become one of the 10 million baby boomers who will develop Alzheimer’s. Perhaps you want to sharpen your memory with supplements and vitamins.
When you purchase memory supplements, there are certain things you need to consider. Make sure they contain these essential ingredients.
- Huperzine A
- Enhances general cognitive function such as memory, behavioral processes, and cognition.
- Phosphatidylserine 20%
- Necessary for brain neuron support, improved neuroplasticity, and to maintain memory function
- Choline Bitartrate
- Boost choline levels to increase acetylcholine production, which raises fluidity of the nerve membrane
- DHA Omega 3 Amino Acids
- Increases blood flow, which improves memory, function, and cognition boosting
Ensure that the supplements you purchase do not have added fillers. Some brands will add artificial fillers to cut costs. Some are found to have titanium dioxide and artificial coloring. Never purchase inexpensive products when it comes to supplements. Remember, you get what you pay for.
Always remember to buy supplements that have the Certificate of Analysis. This is a study that is conducted in laboratories not associated with the manufacturer of the supplement. The labs confirm the safety and potency of the product. Always buy supplements that have been verified by third-party labs and manufactured in FDA approved facilities.
It is also essential to consider what the capsules are made of. The capsules should be made with vegetable cellulose, which will dissolve adequately and provide better results.
Always remember the essential things to look for when purchasing memory loss supplements.
- The necessary ingredients as outlined above
- Make sure there are no added fillers
- Ensure that the product has been lab-tested for purity
- Be sure the capsules are made with vegetable cellulose
If you have decided to purchase a product to help with your forgetfulness, you now have all the information necessary to choose the best supplements for memory loss.