Do you feel the need for that extra burst of energy in the gym while you are on your fifteenth rep on the bench press and are striving to reach your goal of twenty? Pre-workout supplements can go a long way in spurring you on during your workout routine so that you may achieve your personal best. Caffeine-free or stimulant-free supplements are healthy supplements that give you that extra dose of adrenaline and energy without the risk of side effects or physical wear and tear.
Why Take Pre-Workout Supplements?
Supplements contain substances that naturally occur in the body. They provide an extra dose of the same to aid you during your workout. Creatine, for example, occurs naturally in muscle cells. It helps the muscle produce the extra energy required during a high-intensity workout. It also helps bodybuilders gain muscle mass. Citrulline reduces fatigue and increases energy. Beta-alanine is an antioxidant that enhances performance and reduces fatigue. Pre-workout supplements are mainly composed of these natural substances and improve endurance, energy and focus.
Can Having Too Much Caffeine Be Bad For Your Workouts?
While caffeine is very effective in stimulating you before a workout so that you enjoy that extra burst of energy and adrenaline during your routine, it can have several harmful side effects and can be counter-productive in the long run.
According to Legion Athletics, “even a small amount of caffeine taken before these workouts can be enough to ruin their sleep later that night.”
Caffeine boosts endurance, reduces fatigue and improves brain function for sharper focus. On the flip side, it can give you the jitters and cause anxiety, insomnia, and cause an upset stomach. Overdose or sustained over-consumption of caffeine can cause more serious side effects such as an increase in blood pressure, palpitations, addiction and withdrawal. Caffeine free pre-workout supplements are the safer choice.
5 Benefits Of Caffeine-Free Pre-Workout Supplements
- Stimulant-free supplements provide a much-needed energy burst and enhance your athletic performance in a healthy way. Their all-natural ingredients including natural sweeteners ensure that you do not suffer any adverse effects in the long term.
- While caffeine provides a strong short-term boost of energy for the duration of your workout, it can cause fatigue as its effect wears off, draining you of energy after a short while. Stimulant-free supplements do not reduce your energy levels at any point in time and are healthier and more effective for those extended routines.
- Their muscle-recovery properties help you regain muscle strength and eliminate the after-effects of your previous workout, keeping you fresh and energetic every time you hit the gym. On the other hand, one of the known side-effects of caffeine is muscle breakdown in the long term.
- They are not addictive and so you need not worry about forming a habit of consuming them and suffering withdrawals if you stop.
- They enhance mental focus, which in turn increases your physical ability. They keep you alert and sharp during your session.
Stimulant-free pre-workout supplements are safe and natural. They will help you gain well-deserved returns on the effort that you put into your intense gym session by boosting energy, endurance and mental alertness.